The highly multidisciplinary focus of the ICPF offers a wide range of expertise in many chemical and chemical-engineering fields. We offer expertise both in research contracts and consultations. A summary of the topics is far from exhaustive, more detailed information will be provided by corresponding persons or send your enquiry to AppliedResearch@icpf.cas.cz.
Contact: Dr. Ing. Vladimír Ždímal
- Determination of aerosol filter efficiency depending on particle size
- Operational measurement of aerosol nanoparticles
- Measurement of distribution of aerosol particle size in spray
- Determination of chemical composition of aerosol particles depending on their size
- Emission and ambient air quality sampling of aerosol particles and their analysis
Contact: Ing. J. Sýkora, Ph.D.
- NMR, LC-NMR
- MS, LC-MS (HR)
- SEM, EDX
More information: lcnmr.icpf.cas.cz
Contact: Prof. Ing. F. Kaštánek, DrSc.
- Removal of environmental pollutants
- Decontamination of soil and groundwater from dangerous substances (PCB, PBDE, heavy metals)
- Production of bioactive substances (polyunsaturated omega-fatty acids, carotenoids) based on microalgae
Microwave Technology Centre
Contact: Ing. J. Sobek, Ph.D.
- Microwave drying
- Microwave glass melting
- Soil decontamination by microwave radiation
Centre of Texture Studies
Contact: Ing. O. Šolcová, DSc.
- Texture and transport characteristics of porous materials
- Pore distribution, specific surface area, porosity, por volume, skeletal and apparent density
- Material constants, diffusion coefficients
- Determination of pore presence
- Characterization of flow properties (diffusion, permeation flows)
More information: cts.icpf.cas.cz
Electrodiffusion Flow Diagnostics
Contact: Ing. J. Tihon, CSc.
- Wall shear stress measurement
- Characterization of the near-wall flow turbulence
- Definition of recirculation flow zones
- Detection of near-wall reverse flow
- Detection of moving bubbles or particles
Contact: Ing. M. Šyc, Ph.D.
- Technology for energy recovery of waste
- Exhaust gas cleaning
- Use of solid residues generated by combustion (element recovery, solidification/stabilization, etc.)
- Creation and destruction of POP substances
Contact: Mgr. L. Kaluža, Ph.D.
- Preparation of solids defined by properties for catalytic and non-catalytic processes
- Solid surface characterization by gas chemisorption
- Catalyst characterization by temperature-programmed reduction
- Temperature-programmed reactions
- Determination of reactivity, activity and selectivity of heterogeneous catalysts for hydrogenation, oxidation and hydrodesulphurization reactions
Contact: Ing. P. Stanovský, Ph.D.
- Detection of sound fields or cavitation phenomena by means of Brüel & Kjær hydrophones (0.1Hz –180kHz)
Immobilized Biocatalysts and Optical Sensors
Contact: Ing. G. Kuncová, CSc.
- Immobilization of enzymes and living cells for their use in biotechnology and optical sensors. Immobilization and encapsulation (sol-gel) into inorganic and organic-inorganic carriers.
- Research of optical sensors and biosensors for chemical industry and environmental monitoring. Examples: optical enzymatic sensors with oxidases and an optical oxygen transducer, optical glucose sensor, optical sensor of biogenic amines, optical sensor of oxygen, bioluminescent bioreporters of BTEX, naphthalene, Hg, dichloromethane, etc.
- Reaction catalysed by esterases: Glycerolysis, transesterification and hydrolysis of vegetable oils by immobilized enzymes in a column reactor